Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thirst Quencher

'You haven't created a blog post yet! Create a post' ~ such a leviathan command!

As a novice blogger, there are a lot of ideas  on what to write about. And like a child with just an enough amount to choose between a bar of chocolate or a cup of lemon juice, I would buy the latter and save for the other some other time when my craving for this crops up.

This day has been watery and rainy for me. The first song I have heard today is Babyface's version of      Fire and Rain
originally by James Taylor. The song reminded me of my childhood days in my pastoral place of birth - Lagangilang. As a child, I looked forward to rainy days when we could soak up and play in the rain. At times, raindrops  trickle lightly and then without caution, they came rolling on the roof and we ran to the church nearby and enjoy the heavier downpour from its gutters and delight in it like there will be no more other rainy days. Our nanang would at times scold us for getting ourselves wet. Maybe she did not want us to get colds.

Also today, some of my first year students chose to react on a Youngblood article which talked about the rainy days. This too reminded me of and made me miss the piquant smell the earth gave up with the  bathing it got after a scorching summer. How I miss the dark and rainy nights when gakongs croaked in discordance. I wish I could be young forever or at least turn back time.

Today in history, Bridge Over Troubled Water
won the Record and Song of  the Year at the 13th Grammy Awards. A rather sad but hopeful song, I like the version sung by Fiona Apple and Johnny Cash. It's a song I want to dedicate to my advisory class/es  I-Jade (batches Trese and Katorse). It sounds unsophisticated but this is to compensate for my absence during today's recollection at Maryknoll (Sail on Jaders, haha). I had a lot of things to do today. One is the commencement of this blog - the bridge to my troubled waters.

Soon it will be the season of rains. In fact this morning, the K-Lite DJ mentioned isolated rainshowers in the city in her weather report. It was isolated and got lost on it's way of course :)

Here are my top ten songs on a rainy day (in no random order):
1. London Rain - Heather Nova


2. Officially Missing You - Juris


3. Rainbow - Southborder


4. Life is Wonderful - Jason Mraz


5. Rhythm of the Falling Rain - Ka'au Crater Boys


6. Colour of Love - Sam Salter


7. Blame it on the Weatherman - B-Witched


8. I Don't Wanna Be - Gavin Degraw


9. Nothing Better - 정엽/Brown Eyed Soul..........Anyong Jin Woo!:)


10. Boat Behind - Kings of Convenience



Now my co-teacher from the south (who should not be married to Marc Logan) is singing Rain
and it's getting late. I want some lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment